New on the Stack || April Edition

New on the StackThe Deliberate Reader hosts the monthly linkup New on the Stack to share what you’ve added to your piles in the past month. I separated my acquisitions into "smart people books", novels, and graphic novels/manga. And goodness, I need to lay off the ARC requests. That will be my May resolution: no more ARCs!
Salad Anniversary by Machi Tawara
How I got it: Netgalley e-ARC
Why I got it: Poetry month was last month and I really wanted to enjoy it.

The Circle Game by Margaret Atwood
How I got it: library ebook
Why I got it: I had high hopes for reading a lot of poetry last month, but that really fell flat. I didn't finish this one though I adored the poems I did read.


Measure for Measure by William Shakespeare
How I got it: library audio drama
Why I got it: To do a review for the Bard on the Blogs event. You can see my guest post on Alexa Loves Books.


Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
How I got it: library audiobook
Why I got it: This has been on my TBR for years (literally), and right when I needed a book to listen to, it was available.


Bream Gives Me Hiccups by Jesse Eisenberg
How I got it: Netgalley e-ARC
Why I got it: There is little I love more than idiosyncratic short stories.


The Star Side of Bird Hill by Naomi Jackson
How I got it: Netgalley e-ARC
Why I got it: Honestly, I'm a little burned out on YA lately. I've been wanting some heavier, more refined, subtler reads.
Neverland by Shari Arnold
How I got it: Netgalley e-ARC
Why I got it: The cover drew me in. Plus, it's a re-imagining of Peter Pan!


Barry Goupe: In the Midst of Lies by Sean P. McClure
How I got it: The author reached out to me and sent me an e-ARC.
Why I got it: Being a self-published author is tough, and I'm still keeping with my resolution to get over my prejudice against self-pubbed books.


Let’s Eat Ramen and Other Doujinshi Short Stories by Nagumo and Aji-Ichi
How I got it: Netgalley e-ARC
Why I got it: Doujinshi is, from what I understand, independently published manga. Like, manga for manga-creators. Zines of the manga world. I'm so in.


Shadow Show: Stories in Celebration of Ray Bradbury by Neil Gaiman and friends
How I got it: Netgalley e-ARC
Why I got it: Ray Brabury? Neil Gaiman? Graphic novel? No need to say more.


Low, vol. 1: The Delirium of Hope by Rick Remender and Greg Tocchini
How I got it: Netgalley e-ARC
Why I got it: Basically I love anything about the ocean, and the illustrations looked totally gorgeous (which they are, btw).


Twisted Dark, vol. 1 by Neil Gibson
How I got it: Netgalley e-ARC
Why I got it: This is a bunch of interconnected short stories that promised to be dark and...twisted.


Wayward, vol. 1: String Theory by Jim Zub, Steven Cummings, and John Rauch
How I got it: Netgalley e-ARC
Why I got it: It reminded me of a Miyazaki film, and boy was I right. A must-read if you like Miyazaki.





Did you read any good books that I should add to my stack in May?

No comments :

Post a Comment