Book Blogger Love-A-Thon 2015 || Book Snapshots




When I moved across the world, I was only able to take a few beautiful books with me. These books have made world-treks too.

The Clouds by Silas Chosen was inspired by a conversation I had with my best friend (and full disclosure, lover), and dedicated to me. I went from Dubai to São Paulo to get it, then took it back to Dubai, and now that I moved to São Paulo, it's back here again with me!

Ballads and Ballad Poems, edited by Guy N. Pocock, is dated 1929, and my dear friend Qadria went to London to get it for me. She brought it back to Dubai, and I packed it along when I moved to Brazil.

The Elements of Style by William Strunk, E.B. White, and illustrated by Maira Kalman, is one of the most practical and physically beautiful books I own. I didn't want to part with it, and I was able to justify packing it in my suitcase because it's *pretty* thin.

--------------------
This post is part of the Book Blogger Love-a-Thon, an event dedicated to spreading the love for blogs + bloggers! It’s time dedicated to exploring the blogging community, leaving a comment or two, meeting new friends and fostering positivity among the bloggers of the community. I'm proud to be a participant!

4 comments :

  1. Besides being some really awesome photos, those look like gorgeous books. <3 Or, at least, that's how your pictures make me feel. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! They really are beautiful objects... pretty enough to be worth hauling along with my nomadic life :D

    ReplyDelete